Friday 8 February 2013

Feel The Fear

I often find that, when our ears and eyes are open, God speaks in the most remarkable and unexpected ways.
 
I have been worrying and feeling anxious and fearful about something all week.  And then, today, I read this.  Despite the grammatical error, it spoke to me. 
"I put fear away and done it anyway."
 
Fear.
 
It grips us and strangles us and chokes the life from us.
 
But it doesn't have to.
 
Fear is a choice.  We can't decide whether or not we will feel fear.  But we can choose whether or not we let ourselves become paralysed by it.
 
God promises,
 
 
           "There’s no need to fear for I’m your God.
           I’ll give you strength. I’ll help you.
           I’ll hold you steady, keep a firm grip on you."
 
           [Isaiah 41:10 MSG]
 
 
With God on our side, we don't need to succumb to fear.  He will give us strength and will keep a firm grip on us.  He will keep us steady.  He will hold our hands as we walk through the fear.
 
We can choose to feel the fear, but not be stopped by it.
 
With His help, we can choose to say, 'I put fear away and done it anyway'.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment