Monday 11 February 2013

Vantage Point

From my first-floor flat, I have a brilliant view into the construction site just across the road from me.
 
I noticed earlier that, because of all of the boards surrounding the site, it is virtually impossible to see anything from ground level.  So, whilst someone walking or driving past would only be able to see the very tops of the scaffolding poles, I have a perfect view of everything that is going on.
 
I have watched the ground being dug up.  I have watched the foundations being established.  I have seen the huge breeze blocks being laid and built up.  I have watched the piping going in.  I have watched the insulation being added, before the outer bricks were layered up.
 
I have watched it all.
 
In the same way, I think that when God is working in our hearts, He has this same vantage point: He can see over the 'walls' and watches every little change and development that is going.
 
But sometimes we - and others - can't see past the walls.  We don't have the bird's eye view that God does.
 
So we have to trust that He is doing what He says He will do.
 
We have to trust Paul's words to the church in Thessalonica:
"The One who called you is completely dependable.  If he said it, he’ll do it!"
 
[1 Thessalonians 5:24 MSG]
 
We might not always be able to see what is going on, in the restoration work of our hearts, but we can always trust the One who is overseeing that work.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment