Saturday 27 October 2012

Beyond Your Wildest Dreams

I would say that I have a pretty wild and vivid imagination. I write stories and have little difficulty creating and imagining a wide range of different situations and scenarios. I find it easy and enjoyable to conjure up new characters.

I find it easy to dream big when it comes to writing.

However, the Bible says that there is one whose imagination far surpasses mine.

"God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams!"
[Ephesians 3:20 MSG]

And in the NIV version, this verse tells us that God can do "immeasurably more than we can ask or imagine." His ideas and plans are so far beyond our own that we cannot even comprehend them.

In Isaiah, God declares,

“'My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord. 'And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.'"
[Isaiah 55:8-9 NLT]

Even when I stretch my imagination as far as possible, even when I dream the biggest dreams I can think of, God's ideas still outstrip mine.

By miles.




No comments:

Post a Comment