Thursday 18 October 2012

Special Privileges

My car failed and then passed its MOT today.
 
Thankfully, it didn't need much doing in order to ensure it passed round two - I just had to replace two of the tyres.  And luckily for me, Dad was around to help co-ordinate the replacing of the tyres whilst I was at work. 
 
When I picked my car up this afternoon, Dad had already paid on my behalf (for me to pay him back later), and he gave me a 'bill' which comprised of three parts:
 
- MOT (with Local Resident Discount)
- Tyres (with no discount)
- Door Trim (with Daughter Discount)
 
I had forgotten that about a year ago, the door trim on my passenger door had been lost to the elements after a particularly windy drive.  I hadn't really been able to afford to replace it - especially as it wasn't essential to the safe running of my car.
 
However, Dad had remembered and had asked the garage to replace it for me.  And, what's more, he paid for it and 'treated' me to it. 
 
He paid.  I got it for free.
 
I got a 'Daughter Discount'. 
 
In the Bible, God says that we get special privileges as His children, too.
"You can tell for sure that you are now fully adopted as his own children because God sent the Spirit of his Son into our lives crying out, 'Papa!  Father!'  Doesn't that privilege of intimate conversation with God make it plain that you are not a slave, but a child?  And if you are a child, you're also an heir, with complete access to the inheritance."
 
[Galatians 4:6-7 MSG]
 
Complete access to the inheritance.
 
Complete access to God, our Father.  Complete access to the glorious future He has planned for us.  Complete access to forgiveness and redemption and restoration.  Complete access to grace and mercy and healing.
 
As God's children, we each get special privileges.
 
He paid.  We get them for free.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment