Friday 26 October 2012

Stripping Off

I'm travelling today and have had to pack very lightly as I'm going to be trekking across London with my luggage.

I've posted before about how I'm not very good/awful at packing light and only taking the bare minimum, but knowing that I'd have to carry it all this weekend has made me re-evaluate what I've packed.

I have got rid of everything that might hinder me and weigh me down.

The writer of Hebrews encouraged his readers to do the same in a spiritual sense, too.

"Let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us."
[Hebrews 12:1 NLT]

Whilst I have no intention of running anywhere today (unless I am close to missing my trains), I want to run the race that God has set out before me.

And I want to be able to run without feeling hindered or held back or restricted in any way.

I need to adopt the same approach to my spiritual 'luggage' as I have taken with my literal luggage today. I need to get rid of the things which I don't need in my life, but which I seem to lug around with me.

I need to strip them away.


No comments:

Post a Comment