Saturday 19 January 2013

Making Old Things New

I have spent a lovely afternoon making all things crafty. 
 
I love taking old things and giving them a new lease of life.  I love finding new things to do with them: painting them, decorating them, embellishing them, unpicking them, restitching them, reshaping them.  The list goes on.
 
There has been a trend in recent years for 'upcycling' (improving and 'prettifying' old things), and creating gifts and crafts from old materials.  And many gift shops and websites have sprung up which celebrate this process.
 
I love creating something, but I especially love it when I am taking something old and am giving it a new lease of life.  There is something really satisfying in giving new life to something which appears 'past it', or which appears to have no real use.
 
I love making things new.
 
I think that God understands this and feels the same.  He is Creator God, but He is also Recreator God.  In Revelation he says,
 
“I am making everything new!” 
[Revelation 21:5 NIV]
 
No matter how 'past it' we may feel, no matter what we have lost along the way, no matter what state we are in, He can make us new.  He unpicks us and restitches us, He cleans us up and gives us a fresh coat of paint.  He gives us a new lease of life.
 
He makes us new.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment