Thursday 31 January 2013

Running On Empty

I've been feeling run down now for weeks. 
 
I keep tip-toeing to the edge of a full-blown cold/flu/throat infection combo and then, at the last minute, I step back from the brink.
 
Still, whilst I haven't actually succumbed to the bugs, I am exhausted.  I wake up and I feel tired.  I go to bed and I feel tired.  I feel as though I am running on empty.
 
But God doesn't tire.  He is constant and faithful.  And what's more, if we turn to Him and trust in Him, we will not grow tired either.  We will find new strength.
 
 
        "The Lord is the everlasting God,
        the Creator of the ends of the earth.
        He will not grow tired or weary,
        and his understanding no one can fathom.
        He gives strength to the weary
        and increases the power of the weak.
        Even youths grow tired and weary,
        and young men stumble and fall;
        but those who hope in the Lord
        will renew their strength.
        They will soar on wings like eagles;
        they will run and not grow weary,
        they will walk and not be faint."
 
        [Isaiah 40:28-31 NIV]
 
 
When we are running on empty, when we are weak, when we are tired, God will always restore us and lift us up again.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment