Friday 30 November 2012

Strength Will Rise

I always struggle at this time of year.

When it's dark by the time I get home from work and it's cold outside, all I feel like doing in the evenings is curling up on the sofa with a film or a good book or taking a nap.

I feel so lethargic and sleepy.

I feel tired and weary.

And I wonder if I will ever feel energetic again.

The Bible talks about these feelings of exhaustion and shows us that God can restore our energy when we are run down and worn out.

"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

[Isaiah 40:29-31 NIV]

I long to run and not grow weary and to walk and not be faint. But that only comes when I trust in the Lord and put my hope in Him.

I need to trust in Him and rely on His strength, instead of relying on my own.

Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment